Crumbled blue cheese
Texas Pete or Frank's Red Hot
Salt and pepper
Onions cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1. In a small bowl, stir together the blue cheese and mayonnaise. Make enough to put a spoonful onto each pattie.
2. In a separate bowl, mix half of the butter and however much of the hot sauce as you like.
3. In another bowl, mix together the ground beef, more hot sauce, the salt, and pepper. Form the beef mixture into patties and brush with some of the hot sauce, butter mixture, and set aside until ready to cook.
Grab another beer and head out to the grill.
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2.Place the patties on the grill, close the cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, brushing halfway through with more of the hot sauce and butter.
3. Set the burgers to the side and toast your buns if desired.
4. Brush the burgers with additional Tabasco butter. Top with onion slices, and a spoonful of blue cheese dressing and serve.
A note on hot sauce
I like Texas Pete hot sauce but it can be hard to find in my area. Frank's Red Hot is a good alternative.
Click here to see more recipes from Wisconsin
Do you have a family favorite recipe you'd like to see posted here for all the world to see? Send it to me and I'll post it giving you full credit.